Most Dangerous Intersections
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 40% of the nearly 6 million traffic accidents reported in the U.S. in 2018 occurred at intersections. There are many reasons why collisions happen more frequently at intersections, since turning left or right, or crossing through can easily result in a crash if one or more parties do not exercise proper care and caution.
The following intersections are the most dangerous in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is due to a number of different factors, including, heavy traffic, multiple lanes, speeding and negligent motorists, unexpected stops, construction zones, and road defects.
- Asher Avenue and University Avenue
- Shackleford and I-430 with 179
- Baseline Road and Chicot Road
- Baseline Road and Geyer Springs Road
- Cantrell Road and I-430
- Arch Street and Roosevelt Road
- Rahling Road and Pebble Beach Drive
- Chenal Club Boulevard and Chenal Parkway
If you have been involved in an accident in a Little Rock intersection, take the following steps:
- Stay at the scene of the accident — Never leave the accident scene until it’s safe to do so.
- Call for help — If you or anyone else involved is injured, call 911. If no injuries are readily apparent, you should still call the police. The police report they create will be crucial if you later need to file a claim for damages.
- Seek medical treatment — Your health and safety should be your top priority following a collision. When the paramedics arrive, make sure all of your injuries are treated and documented.
- Collect insurance information — Get the insurance information from all parties involved in the accident. Get their insurance policy information, the contact information of the insurance agent, and everyone’s driver’s licenses and license plates.
- Collect evidence — Take plenty of photos of the scene of the accident. Make sure you get pictures from a variety of angles and distances. You can never have too many photos. Snap pictures of the damage to the vehicles and your injuries as well. If there were eyewitnesses, make sure to get their contact information.
- Keep accurate records of medical visits — If you received treatment for injuries related to the collision, keep a record of all doctor visits, as well as any prescription medications you take. This information can help your Arkansas car accident attorney prove your injuries when filing a claim with an insurance company.
- Call a Little Rock car accident attorney — Speak with a car accident lawyer about the accident, your medical treatment, and any other relevant information so they can help you get the compensation you’re owed.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident at an intersection, it’s crucial to protect your rights and your potential injury claim by hiring a knowledgeable injury lawyer to represent you. The following are ways that a skilled lawyer could help you get the compensation and justice that you deserve:
- Investigate your collision — In the immediate aftermath of a car accident, vital evidence can be lost, cleaned up, or destroyed if it is not secured right away. Your attorney will work quickly to gather all of the relevant evidence to build the strongest possible case on your behalf.
- Explain your rights — Every accident is different, so your lawyer will review your case with you and help you understand your rights and what compensation you might be owed.
- Deal with the insurance companies — The injury claims process can be complicated, and the other party’s insurance company might try to deny, delay, or underpay your claim. With an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, you can level the playing field and know that you have an advocate on your side. Your lawyer will seek a settlement that compensates you for your past and future bills and any other accident-related expenses.
- Take your case to trial if necessary — While the majority of car accident claims are settled outside of court, the experts at Pfeifer Law Firm prepare every case for trial. That way, if the other party refuses to offer you a fair settlement, we’ll be ready to fight for what you’re rightfully owed in court.
A severe injury accident can have a significant impact on your physical and mental health, as well as your financial well-being. If you’ve been injured in a collision in Little Rock, you could be dealing with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other unexpected losses. The physical and emotional trauma resulting from a car accident can also have a lasting impact on your life. Fortunately, in the state of Arkansas, you have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
When you’re seriously injured in a car crash that was no fault of your own, you may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages for the injuries that you suffer. Economic damages compensate you for losses that can be easily assigned a dollar amount.
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages provide compensation for more subjective losses that are more difficult to quantify, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Were you or a loved one severely injured in a car accident in Little Rock? Allow an experienced car accident lawyer from Pfeifer Law Firm to fight for the full and fair compensation that you need and deserve. Call a knowledgeable member of our team now at 501-374-4440 to schedule a free and confidential consultation.