A car accident can have a significant and wide-ranging impact on your life. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might be forced to deal with costly medical bills and lost wages due to missed time from work. And if your injuries have left you disabled in and unable to work or return to your previous position, the financial consequences of a car accident could last for a lifetime.
When a car accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or other legal fault, you deserve to seek compensation for your losses. Obtaining maximum compensation in a car accident claim sounds simple but often proves far more complex. Experienced legal representation can help you maximize the value of your car accident claim and fight to secure accountability and justice for the harm you’ve suffered.
When you’ve been injured by a car accident in Arkansas, the Pfeifer Law Firm can provide you with the compassionate and dedicated legal representation you need. With more than two decades of experience working for injured accident victims, Attorney Paul Pfeifer knows the financial burdens that can be caused by a car accident. The Pfeifer Law Firm can help hold the parties at fault for your injuries legally liable for your loss.
Let a knowledgeable Arkansas car accident attorney
help you understand your legal rights and options. The Pfeifer Law Firm stands ready to advocate for your interests. Contact our firm today for a free, no-pressure consultation.
Types of Compensation Available for Car Accident Victims
After you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for expenses and losses that you’ve incurred due to the accident, such as:
- Costs of medical treatment, including hospital bills, prescriptions, surgeries, and orthopedic equipment
- Home health care services
- Lost income from the time you miss from work during your recovery from injuries
- Lost earning potential, if your injuries result in permanent disabilities that impact your ability to earn the same level of income you did before the accident
- Pain and suffering, including the physical and mental stress caused by your injuries
- Lost quality of life due to disfigurement or disability that interferes with your enjoyment of life or participation in activities
- Loss of consortium, or your spouse’s loss of your comfort, companionship, and society due to your injuries
- Costs of vehicle damage repair or compensation for other damaged or destroyed property of yours
Steps for Maximizing Compensation
Following a car accident, you can take the following steps to help protect your rights and interests and improve your chances of receiving maximum compensation in your car accident claim:
- Get the contact and insurance information from each motorist involved in the accident.
- Talk to any eyewitnesses to the crash and ask them either for a short statement or for their contact information in case you later need to reach out to them for a statement.
- Take photos or videos of the crash scene, including vehicle damage, any skid marks on the road, traffic controls or signs, the lighting and weather conditions, road and traffic conditions, and any visible injuries you may have suffered.
- Go see your primary doctor or another health care provider for an exam promptly after the accident to diagnose any injuries you may have sustained in the crash.
- Follow all treatment instructions and recommendations and keep copies of your medical records and bills. If you delay seeking treatment, the at-fault party might argue that you weren’t as badly hurt as you claim or that your injuries have gotten worse because you failed to promptly seek treatment.
- Start a journal to record your recovery, documenting the impact that your injuries and treatment have on your daily living.
- Don’t discuss the accident on social media, and avoid posting photos or videos of yourself until you’ve finished your treatment. Social media posts can be misinterpreted and used as evidence against your claims of injury.
Finally, make sure to talk to a car accident attorney as soon as possible after the crash to discuss your rights and options and to give the attorney the maximum time to investigate your case and pursue your claim for compensation.
How We Can Help
If you have questions about maximizing the value of your car accident claim, Pfeifer Law Firm can help by:
- Offering a one-on-one consultation to discuss the details of the accident and to advise you regarding your legal rights and options for seeking compensation, as well as what steps you should be taking to put yourself in the best position possible for pursuing a claim for maximum compensation
- Conducting an independent investigation of the accident to secure potentially critical evidence that can help establish your rights to full financial recovery
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists, when necessary, to help determine liability for the car accident
- Collecting your bills, invoices, receipts, and pay stubs and working with medical and financial experts, where necessary, to calculate the extent and the value of your losses
- Filing claims on your behalf with the insurance companies and at-fault parties
- Aggressively negotiating for a settlement that provides you with maximum compensation for your losses
- Fighting your case in court and at trial when necessary to give you the best chance at a full financial recovery
You don’t have to pursue a car accident claim on your own. The skilled legal team at the Pfeifer Law Firm can guide you through every step of your case and vigorously protect your rights. Contact Pfeifer Law Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak to a knowledgeable car accident attorney.
Learn more about how our firm can help you secure maximum financial recovery following your car accident. Call us today at 501-374-4440. We are ready to help.